Today we had our fifth bargaining session with management. Here’s a summary of today’s events:
- Management presented three proposals on professional development, clinical ladder development, and the preceptor program.
- Senior Vice President of HPH Human Resources, Sunshine Topping, presented two slideshows on healthcare and retirement.
- HNA Bargaining Team presented two counter proposals on a charge nurse subcommittee and the union security section.
- Management presented three proposals on health plan coverage, retirement plans, and layoffs.
- Health plan (double and family) premium increase over 3 years (currently, the company portion of your premium is 84%; in 1/2022 it will decrease to 82%, and by 1/2023, will decrease to 80%). There will be no changes to single premiums.
- Freezing of employer 403(b) contributions starting first paycheck of January 2022.
- Layoff language that includes a point system for “simplifying” the process for layoffs (NOT by seniority).
We have not agreed to any of these proposals at this time; we will review them as a team and have feedback for management at our next bargaining session.
Click on the google doc links below for:
HNA Detailed Bargaining Session Notes
Please also visit our Instagram (@laulimanokaoi2020) and Facebook (Laulima No Ka Oi) for up-to-date information. We look forward to the next session on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
Laulima No Ka ‘Oi
Your 2020 Bargaining Committee