The links below provide connections to resources to help you in your job, your family and personal life, your community and as a active participant in the wider labor movement. Stay connected. Let us know if you have a suggestion for a link that would be helpful to fellow union members.
- APRI A. Philip Randolph Institute: The Home for Black Trade Unionists
- CLUW Coalition of Labor Union Women
- CBTU Coalition of Black Trade Unionists
- LCLAA Labor Council For Latin American Advancement
- APALA Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
- PAW Pride At Work
- NCPE National Committee on Pay Equity
- Working For America
- AFLCIO The American Federation of Labor, Congress of Industrial Organizations.
Know Your Rights In The Workplace
Find information on work discrimination and how to proceed when you have been victimized. Remember that you cannot be discriminated against because of sex, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, identity, military status or handicap. Know your rights!
Social Security: What you need to know
The Social Security Advisory Board (SSAB) is an independent board created by Congress to advise the President, Congress and he Commissioner of Social Security on matters on Social Security and Supplemental Security Income Program
MedPac advises the Congress on Medicare issues.
Health and Support Programs
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskelatar and Skin Diseases gives information on a variety of health issues. The site is in both English and Spanish.
- The National Council on Disability (NCD) is an independent federal agency making recommendations to the President and Congress to enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities and their families.
- The Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled is an independent Federal agency that administers the Javits-Wagner-O'Day (JWOD) Program. The JWOD Program's mission is to provide employment opportunities for people who are bl ind or have other severe disabilities in the manufacture and delivery of products and services to the Federal Government
- Important information can be found in this website about common and contagious diseases.
- National Institutes of Health
Multiple Sclerosis Resources:
Especially for Women
Workers' Compensation: What you need to know
The US Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board is a federal agency investigating chemical accidents to protect workers, the public, and the environment.
The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation's mission is to "recognize college juniors with exceptional leadership potential who are committed to careers in government, the non-profit and advocacy sectors, education or elsewhere in the public service or to provide the with financial support for graduate study.